Wednesday 10 July 2013

Buying cheaper glasses online, is it worth it? It was for me with Glasses Direct.


Buying cheaper glasses online, is it worth it? It was for me with Glasses Direct.

Buying cheap glass online with Glasses Direct - Now, before I begin I will stress that I am not affiliated with nor getting kickbacks from Glasses Direct in anyway, I just thought that the service and products they provided to me was well worth telling you about if you’re thinking of buying prescription glasses online.

I do buy lots of stuff online. However things that I need to wear like clothes shoes etc I do not, I need to try them on first to see how they fit/feel – full stop. So I will be honest and say I was rather nervous about the prospect of buying prescription glasses online, but it was worth it.

Cheaper
Firstly, it was indeed quite a bit cheaper  buying glasses online from Glasses Direct than many well known high street opticians. I paid £27 for two pairs of well made and quite stylish (although not branded) glasses, which included the prescription lenses fitted and postage! Now this price may not always be the case for you as I was quite lucky in that I managed to combine to overlapping offers at once, but you could certainly get those same two frames+lenses+postage for less than £50 on any regular day of the week and they do run regular offers. This sort of price is for standard lenses. Vari, bi-focal and tinted lenses will cost you a bit more, but again overall prices are still cheaper than the high street
Free Home Trial
This was the clincher for me to even consider buying glasses online in the first place. Glasses Direct will allow you to choose 4 pairs of frames, post them to you (RM 1st Class) so you can try them on. You then post the glasses back in the same box using the freepost sticky label, again by Royal Mail 1st class. Tip: send the box back from an actually post office, they will give you a free receipt as proof that it has been posted. This is all free of charge as long as you get the glasses back to them within 7days and there is no obligation what so ever to buy any glasses. In fact you can do this free trial again if you didn’t like any of the frames.
Ordering My Frames & Lenses Was Easy.
My home trial box arrived, I tried the four selected frames for a day and noted the order reference numbers of the two pairs (on a BOGOF offer) I wanted then posted it all back. I rang Glasses Direct on a highlighted number and spoke to a very polite, helpful and well spoken optician (who clearly understood my prescription better than I did) to pass my prescription details, frame references, card details. My glasses arrived 7 days later in nice little black hard cases.
Usual dispatch time is 3-4 working days, however I was warned on the phone my specific prescription would take 2-3 days longer as not a regular stock lens. All the above from home trial to delivery of finished glasses was backed up be very good communication by email updating me with dispatch times etc.

Summary.
Five Stars. Very happy with my frames and the prescription lenses appear bang on. The customer service and communication aspect is also very good. The free home trial is a fantastic idea and the subsequent ordering was easy. They come across as very professional and genuinely want happy customers. I think Glasses Direct TrustPilot scoring says it all really. It’s very unlikely I will buy prescription glasses again on the high street.

Any Con’s?
Not really, although you do of course need your prescription (you can often get this done for free at most high street opticians, as there is usually no obligation to buy – you just have to be a bit cheeky lol). You have to have some trust in Royal Mail if you use the free home trial. If the glasses do not get back to them they will charge the price of the four frames but do state clearly they will refund you that money once they have been received. Saying all that I would still use Glasses Direct again!

www.glassesdirect.co.uk  +Glasses Direct  (direct links, not affiliated)

Regards +Simon Green 

6 comments:

  1. Many people expecting the branded designer glasses with affordable price.But in reality branded sunglasses does not have low price.It have more expensive.

    Prescription glasses | Glasses frames

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very nice blog. It giving me all thing which is create problem with me.I like your blog.Please post more related blog.

    Visit :- Glasses Online Cheap UK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buying Eyeglasses and frames online, it's easy, convenient and a real time saver. Select your frame style with mailmylens.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so talented in writing. God is truly utilizing you in tremendous ways.
    prescription glasses online

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog. Thanks for sharing the best Information about Cheap Glasses Online. Keep posting & sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buy Trustpilot Reviews: We Provide Trustpilot Reviews at an Affordable Price with 100% High Quality, Geo Targeted and Permanent 5 Star Positive Reviews.

    Visit this Link: Buy SMM USA offers a Buy Trustpilot Reviews

    ReplyDelete